Policy toward the protection of customers’ personal information.
Customer personal information such as name, address and telephone number, etc. are obtained and used by Hino Motors Philippines Corporation. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company” or “we”) to enable us to provide the customer with our products, services, information and so on. We will handle such personal information of the customer (hereinafter referred to as the “Personal Information”) pursuant to the following policy in light of the importance of proper handling of the Personal Information:
1. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The Company will use the Personal Information only for the purposes publicly announced or notified to the customer, and will never use any Personal Information for any other purpose.
In addition, the Company will identify the purpose of use in advance when the customer provides its own Personal Information directly to the Company except as provided in the Data Privacy Act of 2012 or any other laws and regulations.
2. Provision of Personal Information to Third Party
In principle, we will not provide any Personal Information obtained from the customer with any third party except:
- where the Company obtains the relevant customer's consent;
- where the Company entrust the handling of Personal Information in whole or in part within the scope necessary for the achievement of the Purpose of Use of Personal Information described in 1 above;
- where any matter of emergency for protection of life, body or property, etc. occurs;
- where the Company is required cooperation in order for the government or local authority, etc. to implement public affairs activities; or
- as provided in the Data Privacy Act of 2012 or any other laws or regulations.
3. Sharing of Personal Information
The Company will share the Personal Information obtained from the customer among the companies separately announced by the Company which include Hino group companies for certain purposes such as providing products and services.
4. Proper Control of Personal Information
The Company will implement necessary and proper control measures to prevent the Personal Information held by the Company from being leaked, lost or altered, etc.
The Company may outsource to any party handling of the Personal Information to the extent necessary for such service, and the Company will also have a necessary and proper control over such outsourcee.
5. Request for Disclosure, etc.
When the customer should request the Company to disclose, correct, or suspend the use of its own Personal Information, such customer is kindly requested to submit a request form prescribed by the Company. Such request will be handled as soon as practicably possible after the Company identifies such request as made by such customer.
When requesting, the customer might be required to pay relevant charge under our separate policy. For details, please make any inquiry to the Customer Assistance Center described in 6 below.
6. Contact for Inquiries or Information
Hino Motors Philippines Corporation
Telephone: (02) 7368-5800 | E-mail: email@example.com
Purpose of Use of and Sharing of Personal Information
7. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
Company will not use any Personal Information obtained from customers for any other purpose than the following purposes;
- Sale and after-sale services (such as maintenance) of products, and supply of the services (such products and services are provided by the Company, Hino group companies, authorized Hino dealers and/or the business partners of the Company);
- Notification of information of new products, new services, and campaign via mail, telephone, email, visit, etc.;
- Planning, development, improvement, and quality enhancement of products and services aiming at satisfying customers;
- Marketing survey to offer the customers products and services at a more appropriate price and timing;
- Notification and inquiry to the customer in the case of occurrence of recall etc.;
- Providing the following services and products based on the information regarding the condition of each vehicle (such as the information of operation, location, control, failure);
- Assistance services for secure operation of the customer’s vehicle, which could contribute to reduction in failure of the customer’s vehicle thorough the services such as the proposal for preventive maintenance, prompt repair in case of a failure on the road, diagnosis of a failure.
- Vehicle operation support services for the customer. The services that gather and analyze operation data of the customer’s vehicle and offer vehicle location information for vehicle management and advice as to fuel-efficient and safe driving.
- Services that statistically process and analyze the information of the state of the customer’s vehicle and offer traffic information to the customers and a third party in case of a disaster.
- Other than above, services and products aiming at satisfying customers.
- Responding to customer’s inquiries related to the above;
- Other than above, various measures to satisfy customer’s request.
8. Sharing of Personal Information
The Company will share and utilize the Personal Information for the smooth operation of its business, as follows;
- Items of the customer’s Personal Information to be shared
Basic information such as name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, and information regarding customer’s vehicle (including the information of vehicle condition)
- Recipient company
- Authorized Hino dealers in Japan published in Company’s official website
- Hino group companies published in Company’s official website
- The business partners of the Company, to the extent necessary for providing products and services based on such business.(other than those published in Company's official website, Company’s product distributors, traders and dealers, coachbuilders, vehicle manufacturers, vehicle parts suppliers, and these traders, vehicle operation management service providers, vendors of system and application software etc., research institutions, other business partners of sale, service, finance, insurance, rental, logistics, passenger transportation etc.)
- Purpose of use of shared Personal Information
Same as above “1. Purpose of Use of Personal Information”.